Tuesday 21 February 2012

Reasons why I'm an adult

I have been seeing the same hair dresser my whole life, she has been there for me since I had to sit on the booster seat and convince me that she wasn't going to cut off my ears (my lovely sister ingrained that idea strongly into my head), through my early child hood where I was a sooky scared little child, into my teenage years where I was fragile and sensitive and finally into my adult years where I turned into the amazing person that you have before you now. She has been through my break ups, heard about my holidays  and is interested in whats going on with my life. Whilst sitting there the other day, I remarked to her that I had recently become an adult because I was starting to do adult things. She told me to not do that, I think possibly she forgets that I am bordering 30 not 3 but its sweet she still sees me like that. So here are the things that I have been doing to show how much of an adult I am 

Wine comes in Glass bottles - I have started to drink wine and not wine from a goon bag or Passion Pop but actual proper wine in a bottle. I also can have a glass of wine because I enjoy it and not because I want to get drunk (Strange concept hey) 

No more Goon of Fortune for me

Olives might actually be delicious - this is a recent enlightenment for me. In my head I thought that I hated olives so I never ate them, but the other night whilst drinking a Truffle Martini (oh yeah thats another thing that made me an adult) they served me olives on the side and so as to not upset the bar tender I ate one, and by golly that firm fleshed little fruit in all its salty goodness was delicious. I think that means my tastes buds grew up 

Adults drink out of fancy glasses

$150 on a dress for work, no worries mate - I am in the process of trying to find myself a new job and have a really important interview coming up, I decided that for this interview I needed to knock them dead so my amazing friend the Style Guru took me shopping in Myer to kit me out. I bought one dress and it cost me $150, this was the single most expensive work out fit that I have ever purchased and I didn't actually feel bad about it. I felt grown up and amazing, clothes are an investment in my career which mean an investment in my future

This is adult Kerry, she is even wearing pearl earrings

Insurance, I'm on to it - and unlike old mate at work saying "On to it isnt getting us paid is it", Insurance actually will. I have health insurance, loan insurance, car insurance and if I had a pet I would probably have that kind of insurance as well. Its nice to know I am covered incase of lifes little emergencies

Maybe I should invest in some Hand Cream next
   
but the biggest thing that shows I am an adult 

This is me - I know who I am, what I want in life and I don't care what other people think of that. Every experience I have had in life had brought me to this point in time and shaped all that is me. I wear it proudly and proclaim loudly "YO WORLD THIS IS ME, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, SUCK IT!!!"

This is me, and if you dont like it, well Blow Me (bombs blow... gettt it)

It is possible that the list of things that mean I am not an adult is actually a bit longer, but I dont think its about being a child but its about being comfortable with who you are an not taking life too serious. I love playgrounds, sugary substances and kites,  Its what makes life colourful. 

Love and Tax (thats adult as well)

Miss K 

P.S I am proud of my adult achievements and the fact that whilst I am getting old, I still look younger than I am. Thats an adult achievement right? Right

1 comment: