Wednesday 22 February 2012

How full is your glass?

If I had one wish for everyone that I meet it would be that they could all see the Rainbow. I know that I have covered this before but the amount of negativity in society makes my heart hurt. Maybe its just me but I am generally a glass half full kinda girl, sure I have down times (which you can find here) but I try every day to find the positives in life. Things are that much easier to deal with when you have a spring in your step and positivity in your heart. Here are my tips for finding the rainbow 



Most days this is what my insides feel like

Write it Down - I do this and I saw it on my favourite FemBloggers site last night so I know it must be good. Every day write down something that made you happy, feel positive or something that you are thankful for. If you have it written down, when you start going through a sad time you can look back and remember the things that made you feel good. It could be as something as simple as "the great coffee from xxcoffee shop", if that's something that made your day then go for it. Today for me it was being told I interview well, my personality is my proudest achievement so people encouraging me for that was a big boost.



Focus on the Little Things - There can be lots of things in life that can overwhelm us, so take a step back and single out the little things that make it good. A beautiful sunset, a lovely smelling flower, a smile from a stranger, its the little things that make the world go around

Get Outside - Get some air, go for a walk, get active (if even for five minutes). It will help clear your mind, wake you up and the vitamin Ds from the sun will make you feel good 

Breath -  I know we all breath but REALLY breath. In through your nose and out through the mouth. I did a couple of classes of Yoga (turns out I am slightly too disruptive for Yoga, who would have thought) and this was actually one thing that I took away from it. It will help you calm down and give oxygen to your brain and from what I know that's a good thing

This is what I look like when I Yoga

Surround yourself in Happy - Make your surroundings (your room, your desk at work) full of things that give you the tingle inside. For me its photos and quirky things to play with, I look at these things and they remind me of good memories and fun 

Turn it Up - Listen to your favourite happy music LOUD, dance and sing and remember the good times that you associate with the music. Try being sad when you are dancing, I dare you 

Look how happy this little fella is, its cause he is dancing

and for the most controversial tip that I have *gaspppppppppppp*

Get some Lovin -  Lovin releases happy endorphins, gives you self confidence and generally gives you a bit of exercise and all of these things will help you see the rainbow. If you are between partners I am a HUGE advocate of self loving, you know what you like better than anyone else so explore that. Why do you think I am always so happy? 

A friend of mine gave me a book a few years ago called "The Pig of Happiness", its a book about a little pig who finds the best in everyone and everything and eventually over time because he see the positives he becomes the Pig of Happiness and his happiness gets so big that it starts engulfing all the pigs around him until finally even the sheep are smiling. Its a childs book with such a simple concept but its one I think many adults forget. I always have this book on my desk at work and when ever I start to see the negative, I remind myself what the little Pig would think 



My favourite paragraph from the Pig of Happiness goes "From now on I shall stand for everything that is light and beautiful, and true and wonderful. I shall see the best in everyone and the best in everything". The little Pig makes a choice and this is a choice we can all make. Its something to think about atleast 

Love and Oinks 

Miss K 



Here is the Pig of Happiness in Movie form :D amazing


P.S The Hippy House mate and I were talking last night about positivity and some where along the way he has seemingly lost his happy. Today when I was out I decided that making a Happy Board where we can both write on and share our happy was a good idea. So here it is, its on the wall in our kitchen, and every day I am going to write the things that make me smile, hopefully in a few weeks it will be covered in happy smiley bright colours and lovely memories that we can look back on when our spirit isnt as high as it should be.Todays happy came in the form of the Coles employee that was working the self service line, a checkout became available and he said to the guy waiting "Your Checkout awaits sir" and bowed. It made me smile so much so I thanked him for being so happy. 




No comments:

Post a Comment