Friday 3 February 2012

Confidence is key



I have an air about me, I don't know what it is and its probably totally bullshit but apparently I come across as highly confident, if not slightly intimidating. Does being confident make me untouchable or unapproachable? And why am I deemed to be intimidating? Can men not handle a strong women? Is it the fact that I have an addiction for 5 inch designer high heels which makes me about 7 foot tall or is there something else entirely that I am forgetting. Either way, I guess I cant change who I am or what people think of me and I wouldn't be interested in a guy who doesn't have a bit of fire in him to be able to take me on.






My best friend is probably the most beautiful girl in the whole world, tall, tanned, curvy and with the longest eyelashes of any person that I have ever met, she is everything that I would want to be but she lacks the simple element of confidence. She asked me the other day how I do it, how can I put on the confident face when ever I leave the house... and this was the best that I could come up with. So here are Miss Ks top tips for acting confident


1. Fake it - This is something I am sure many girls are good at and honestly its the best thing I can suggest, even if you dont feel it, fake confidence, walk tall, smile, stand proud and you will give off the air of confidence which you will eventually actually feel. 





2. Once you leave the house there is nothing you can do about your look - so for goodness sake stop pulling at your clothes and checking every reflective surface you walk past. You chose this outfit for a reason, so wear it like you own it (I really hope you do own it, because stealing other peoples clothes can be a bit of a taboo subject)

3. The most important thing you can wear is your smile - It will light your face, make you beautiful and inviting, no one wants to approach someone that looks like they have just sucked a lemon




4. Walk tall - I am a tall girl and sometimes I feel a bit out of place being my height, but its much the same as when I leave the house, there is nothing I can do about it so I have to own it. Stand with good posture and walk with your head high

5. Remember the world is probably as scared of you, as you are of it - every person has some element of self doubt nestled deeply inside their little head, so if you see someone that you like, bite the bullet and go and talk to them Generally they wont bite (unless you ask them to that is)


Many years ago I went to Tafe and did a Marketing Diploma and one thing that the whore bag teacher taught me was that the most important thing that you can ever sell is yourself. I don't think that she meant to literally sell yourself but as mentioned before the idea has crossed my mind. What I think she meant was that you need to know your product and up sell it and make it marketable. If there is something about yourself that you don't like and you have the ability to change it, CHANGE IT!!!  If you cant change it, accept it, because it isn't going away any time soon. 2012 is no time for half measures, it only comes once so you need to make it count. Own who you are, sell it and live it!!!






Love and Owning


Miss K


P.S To all of my friends, you are beautiful, unique and amazing, if you weren't you wouldn't be in my life. If  I could have one wish, it would be that you could see yourself through my eyes for even 5 minutes and you would never doubt how amazing you are ever again. Live with confidence and pride, you are here for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment