Sunday 5 February 2012

The Girlfriend Experience

I have always wondered why they call it a one night stand when generally you are laying down? One night stands are fantastic, I'm all for the wham, bam, get the fuck out of my house but in saying that I understand that this isn't something that everyone can do. Some people want meaning and validation for their experience. When did casual sex turn into something more, and why are we trying to ruin something that we know already works. 

Someone texted me the other day and asked if I would be able to provide them with the GFE, well see, I've been out of the drug scene for a while so I was slightly unsure as to what he was actually referring to. Was GFE the ice of 2012? I eventually sent him a text back saying "wtf is a GFE?" and his response was "Its the Girl Friend Experience". So this has lead me to think about the GFE, should I be insulted or secretly flattered that I've had this request bestowed on me. Someone wants to be near me and spend time with me, this means I'm desirable and loveable and good company doesn't it?

Look, its a beach at sunset, it must be love

This guy and I have history, we've have hooked up a few times and it works well to a degree. Maybe I've been the cause of the slip up from casual to the GFE because I allowed us to hang out and do regular people things. I'm a sensible head strong girl and don't generally let feelings cloud my perceptions of what things actually are but maybe this time I did. Was I expecting more from this boy than he was actually offering me?

So what comes with the GFE? am I expected to make him sandwiches, cuddle him and give him sex at his demand (It has been a while since I have been a girlfriend so I've forgotten what they do) Or is it really that I dont ever give him sex, whinge at him constantly and hate all his friends. What would I get in return, what would the boyfriend experience entail? Would he fix my car (it has a miss, so it really does need some work done on it), kill my spiders, walk closest to the road so that I don't get splashed by passing cars and would he buy me dinner and presents of adoration, because everyone knows that a way to a girls heart (and/or knickers) is through presents. 

Start the training young

I am forced to ask the question, why have the experience without the rest of the things that come along with having a girlfriend? Call it what it actually is, really the guy is just wanting to use me and no amount of cuddling makes up for that. As I get older I am getting sick of the games, we are adults so enough already. If you are that desperate for the GFE, hire a fucking hooker. You can pay her to act as you want her to, to her its just a job and no feelings will be bought into it. Here is a bit of a news flash for you lads, Women are more than just Vaginas (unless you are paying just for her Vagina that is) they actually have feelings. 

Get yourself one of these Vaginas, much more simple

I wonder when I got so bitter at the world and cynical at every guy that I meet. Is it wrong to expect that if a guy says he will call or you will catch up that it will actually happen. One thing I am so thankful for with the Army Brat is he ALWAYS  did what he said he was going to do, he asked for my number and he actually called. I always knew where I stood with him and that was a really nice feeling. I know part of falling in love is the chase and wondering if they are going to call and being excited when they do, but honestly I'm over that bullshit. I just want some truthfulness, I hate wondering if someone actually likes me because as much as I don't show it I am actually pretty vulnerable. I know that there is a guy out there that will be able to provide me with this and obviously now just isn't the time and I'm fine with that, but I've decided that I'm better than providing the girlfriend experience. I'm either your friend or your girlfriend. There shouldn't be a grey area. 

So I put this to the guys out there, if you say you will call, call them, if you aren't interested don't pretend that you are and if you are interested tell her straight. Yes that's scary and you are putting yourself on the line but atleast everyone knows where they stand. It may not always go your way, but the times that it does will make everything worth it. 

Don't leave the pretty lass sitting like this

Love and Self Respect 

Miss K

P.S If you are able to provide the girlfriend experience without having feelings get involved then I commend you because you are a much stronger person than I am. Be careful with your heart ladies, there are many amazing guys out there but if you let the dick heads ruin your heart you wont noticed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment