Tuesday 24 January 2012

I could be addicted to crack...

I am in love, it is unexplained, sometimes unfounded, its the love that goes beyond words, its the love that keeps you warm at night, its the love that you come home for. To me that love comes in the form of a beautiful curvy women called Stella. Here is a love story that goes beyond the ages, think Romeo and Juliet, Edward and Bella or Spongebob and Patrick, there is a possibility that this love surpasses even these... so here is my story, of love and heartbreak and currently triumph

I can remember when I first laid eyes on her, I walked down a drive way and there hiding in the carport was a vision of beauty in the form of an S13 Silvia, it was love at first sight and I knew instantly that she was the one for me. I got in her to take her for a drive and she showed me she had a big personality... and through this personality Stella was born. 




So I am guessing by now you have gathered that Stella is actually a car, and you may think this is odd that I have an attachment and a love to a car, but to me its the same as young girls liking horses (by the way horse as nasty) or people collecting clown statues. Everyone has their one thing and as I constantly tell my parents who look at me disapprovingly as I pump money into Stella, I could actually be spending that money on crack, so they should think themselves lucky that I chose cars (though the same as having a crack addiction I have thought about prostitution, because heck car parts aint cheap yo!!)


My ride (no pun intended) with Stella has been one fraught with danger and heart ache, as I would choose death before dishonour, I have stayed loyal to an engine that many believe to be inferior (and to you guys I say EAD). My Stellas heart beats with a CA18DET engine, it is the older of the two S series engines and like all things 21 years old they start to have problems, they require more time to be put in on them to get big power and its harder to source "bolt ons" but seeing I was never after huge power, none of these things actually ever phased me and these days I think I stay CA just to piss off the haters.






When I got Stella she was relatively stock, the previous owner had painted her and redone her interior but had taken very poor care of her engine, she was perfectly straight so was a great base car. She came with hideously ugly chromies but I loved her all the same, and apart from changing the lights I kept her in her original condition for a few years 


Caution SILVIA2NV

After owning her for a few years something bit me (no it wasnt a spider, pretty sure I am not spidey man) and the desire to make Stella something that was me became too strong...I upgraded the Turbo, Got an Intercooler, some coil overs and finally the peice de la resitance a Genuine Supermade body kit (for you non car people this is a big deal, when I got it only 5 were bought into Australia so they were very rare and very expensive but for fitment it was worth it) and with the fitting of the kit my love for her grew, she became a head turner and she was recognisable, she was my phalis


Disaster (or my luck,...) struck on September 18th 2009 and I received a defect notice for having an "illegal car" I had to high 5 myself for this because they were 100% correct, she is loud and obnoxious and low as fuck and I deserved it. Instead of whining like most people I was thankful for the 4 years I got away with having her like I did. My Stella wasnt as amazing to the pits as she is to me and subsequently her plates were handed in and she became unregistered (pretty sure I lost interest) and this is the way that she sat for one year until I went to Japan, as you may have seen in my other blog if you took the time to go over and have a look, I love the Japans and decided that I wanted to move there so I decided the only way to do it was to sell the Stella. 



This was by far one of the toughest decisions I have ever had to make in my life, she is so special that I wasnt really willing to sell her to anyone unless I knew they would treat her with the respect that I knew she deserved. The amazing Mike Van came to mind so whilst I was still on holidays I texted him and offered him Stella. He was at first very reluctant to purchase her because when buying a well known car the car will never actually be yours. But he eventually agreed and Stella had a new owner and I was the owner of an amazing tattoo (while we were going to swap money, I got confused and got tattooed instead). I came under strong criticism from a lot of people for selling her and the words "soulless" did pop up a few times   

On her way to her new home

Mike is rather time poor and as such Miss Stella sat for another year until I got back from my second Japan trip and after learning to do skids and being back in the seat of a S13 my mind was made up, I NEEDED to have my Stella back and was lucky enough for Mike to agree with this request. I dont think anyone has been so excited about something since the second coming of Jesus. Every Stella related facebook status went Semi Viral and it made me feel good to know that people understood and respected my decision. 

New Engine whooo

Stella was still not registered so after a few weeks or solid work and amazing help from a few people she was ready to take over the pits. The first pit inspection didnt go my way, and the lovely gentleman at licencing would not believe that I owned the car or had any knowledge about it. News flash to boys, some girls actually know their shit, so pick your fights accordingly. I got deeply upset by failing and my amazing daddy helped me to get her sorted and registered a few days later. 

This is what Stella Happy looks like 

After 6 (well technically only 5 due to her hiatus) of owning her I know its true love because I still smile every moment that I spend with her and get to drive her. She is an extension of my personality and by golly does she pull the blokes, I have asked her nicely if I can bang her left overs and she has said she will think about it. What has been the most important thing about her is that she has been the one constant in my life and something that I can control. Life sometimes gets out of hand, things go wrong and people come and go, but every morning when I wake up and go outside, Stella is there waiting for me.... and this is the reason that I love her. 

My Big Blue Constant


I know many people wont understand the money pit or the obsession but I just ask you to take the time and think of that one thing that you have that gives you happiness (most of the time), brings you amazing friends and experiences and is a part of who you are and not be so quick to judge. Who knows when I will grow up and stop wasting my money, but while I do know its a waste, at the moment I wouldnt change it for anything 


Love and Constancy 

Miss K 

P.S I am sorry this is not my normal "this fucked up life" amusing post, I had a Stella request and seeing she is my life partner and something that makes me tick I wanted to share her with you 

P.P.S There has been many many tribulations with her.... if you want to read all about it, please visit my build thread. It is indepth and will give you an idea of the rollercoaster 

No comments:

Post a Comment