Saturday 3 November 2012

How Hanson saved my Confidence...

With the dawning of the sun on a bright new day, memories have come flooding back to me like an incoming tide. Last night, well she was a good one. A bar on the other side of town, lines like "hey I'm from WA" and free booze out the wazoo (peppered with Martinis) it was destined to be a success. But there was one thing stopping us... My Confidence. There are times in every girls life when they probably don't feel as good about life as they should and at the moment I am feeling that I am in one of those slumps. Try as I may I have not been able to snap myself out of it, well that is, until last night.



I was casually sitting in a booth, having adult conversations and keeping to myself (please read talking excitedly to random people) when I heard strains of a familiar song emitting from the dance floor, could I be hearing correctly, could it be? YES, It was. With the speed and grace of a startled Gazelle I jumped from my seat just in time to make the dance floor to belt out "You have so many relationships in this life, only one or two will last". Yes you heard right, I was at a classy drinking establishment and they were in fact playing Hanson and you bet your bottom dollar that I got my groove on to it.

There has been much conjecture as to the viability of Hanson as musical greats, and right here and right now I would like proclaim loudly for once and for all, HANSON WILL SAVE THE WORLD. As you can imagine (though I think rather wrongly) people tend to give you strange looks when you are 29 and cutting shapes and singing Hanson at the top of your lungs and it was while this was happening that out of the corner of my eye I saw a tall chap laughing and smiling in my direction. When the song finished I sauntered over in his direction to ask what his go was. How in honesty could someone not like Hanson. 



I guess you are wondering what the Worlds best Musicians have to do with my Confidence, well if it had not have been for that song, I would probably not have gone and spoken with Mr Tall Bearded Man, he would not have asked for my number and I would not have eaten his cheese burger (well actually this could be a point of conjecture but I will get to this later). I walked away with a full belly, a spring in my step and soaring confidence. So to Hanson, I say thank you and if he doesn't call me, it would be the end of the world because he served his purpose



Its funny how songs pepper our memories, the first bars of a tune can pick us up and send us back to another time and another place. Hanson has been the start of two great memories for me, last night and a night last year in Tokyo in a deserted tiny back ally bar called Garlics, you can read about it here. Could Hanson possibly be the sound track of my life?

Other important musical interludes in my lift have included The Blast from the Past Soundtrack which was playing when I lost my virginity, David Grey was playing the first night I stayed at the Army Brats and the Queens of the Stoneage always remind me of the one that got away. I funnily just realised that I don't think I have ever had an "our" song with any of the guys that I dated... maybe that's the Universes way of saying that it wasn't right, because everything that is right should have its own song track? right?



Love and Plantings

Miss K

P.S As a funny side note, I was singing the line "Plant a seed, plant a flower, Plant a rose, you can plant any one of those" to Mr Tall when he smirked at me and told me that he was in fact a Landscape Architect so plants were his business... its sometimes strange the way that things work 




No comments:

Post a Comment