Sunday 15 April 2012

One word answer?

I have been reading a book called "Eat Love Pray" I will be the first to admit that I bought into the girlie hype of the book and movie and have been trying to read it for the last 6 months without much success (I have a pretty short attention span). Honestly its been failing to hold my interest but possibly because I am stubborn I will continue to read something even if it is boring just because I need to know what happens in the end. So knowing this I have persevered with Eat Love Pray and a paragraph struck me last night as interesting, It was saying that everyone or every place has one word that describes them and it got me to thinking what my word would be, and if the word I chose for myself would be the word that everyone else would choose for me.


Take my Dad, if I was to describe him in one word it would be STABLE. My dad is one of those amazing dads that is there for me unconditionally even if he doesn't agree with the decisions that I am making. He sits and listens to my dramas without interrupting and gives me the chance to form my own opinions before he adds his own. He is my rock and I can turn to him when ever I need anything. 


This is my rock... 


If we are talking about cities I would think that Perths word is LAID BACK, everything can wait and its all at a slow pace. They call WA wait awhile, but honestly we cant complain about the life style that we have here. Melbourne would be  CREATIVITY and Tokyo would be EFFICIENCY. So what about me, how could I be described? I threw it up on the FB (which I will admit is my general form of research when it comes to matters of concern to me) and  the answers were varied, emotional, charismatic, Adventurous. But how do I see myself because it certainly isnt those ways (well not those ways entirely)


Early in the week while I was conceiving this post I thought the best word to describe me would be RESTLESS. At the moment I cant seem to settle into anything  and if I am honest its actually not recent, its been going on for a few years. I am always searching for more than what I have and looking for the next adventure. I cant sit still and I don't like quiet. My mind is confused and my soul follows not far behind it. 






In the last few days though I think that I may have possibly changed my mind and the word that suits me better would be RESILIENT. For anyone that knows me you will know that the last six months have been on the challenging side, and every time I thought that I couldnt take any more something else would happen. While this has been a bit shit it has also been a blessing because it has made me realise that I am stronger than what I thought and I can fight these things. I have stood strong in the face of adversity and am slowly coming through the other side.



I dont know if one word can actually describe all the facets of a person but for me I can think of one that encapsulates it all perfectly and that is "KERRY" Restless, Resilient, Adventurous or Emotional and anything else all comes together in that one word, because at the end of the day I cant be anything but what I am 


This is me... All rolled into a Kerry 

Love and Wordlessness 

Miss K 

No comments:

Post a Comment