Monday 19 October 2015

Them Tinder Tingles - Part 2

While researching for my previous blog on Tinder I came across a wealth of reasons as to why the majority of modern day single were signed up. While its not something I believe will work for me, it appears to have a variety of uses for other people. Here are some things to keep in mind behind the motivations of people you meet on Tinder

The are all about the Hook ups - Well der, seeing that is actually the main reason that Tinder was developed. If they are on Tinder then you can make an educated guess that they are DTF (for anyone that doesn't know, that means Down to Fuck(. You can get some action without all the pesky getting to know you questions. Does anyone else remember that song from a few years ago that said "I don't want to know your name, I just want to Bang Bang Bang" Pretty much that's what Tinder is about.



They want to be Pokemon masters - You've got to collect them all. I was out one night with friends a few months ago and all the single lads were on Tinder seeing how many matches they could get. It was a big game and a pissing contest to see who could collect the most in the shortest amount of time. Its kinda like E Fame, it doesn't actually mean anything but people pat themselves on the back for it anyway. High Fives and Fist bumps all around but heed this warning, these people have feelings too... and people can get hurt. Just a little FYI.

Because Trolls don't just live under bridges - but they probably should. Not long after my last painful break up I still had my ex on my Facebook and on logging in after a three week Hiatus the first post that I saw was a lovely Tinder Screen Shot that he had posted along the lines of him say "Whats the difference between me and my couch?" I am sure we have all heard that one. Anyway he posted the screen shot to show the world that he was witty and intelligent and able to crush the finer sex that were out there looking for love. Or something. Actually, I don't really know the reason. To me it seems counter productive just to swipe yes to someone if you are going to troll them from the outset. Try and put yourself in their shoes and get back under your bridge. 



They could be looking to make friends -In this busy day and age its sometimes difficult to make new friends and in reality, in Tinder you have the potential of a friend in every person you encounter. That's a pretty awesome concept when you think about it. You may not go into it looking for a new friend, but sometimes when you meet people you just click and you know that they need to be a part of your life but you probably don't want to bump uglies with them. And that's cool man. Think of the lessons that these friends have the teach you.

Its good for stalking people you know - I don't really understand this one but apparently people go on there just to find their friends. Is it like AH HA exclamation point exclamation point!!!! I found you, now I can laugh and lord this over you. But wait, aren't you on there as well, so cant they do the same for you. I don't know why we get so surprised that people are out in the world looking to get laid, because isn't that a basic human desire?



They like being judgmental Cunts - If someone politely rejects you it makes sense to say all manner of terrible things about them. Actually its the only way, and there are whole website dedicated to screen shots of these beratings. If you are sitting behind a screen you can say what ever you like without any real ramifications, Its kind of a win win situation I guess. Well unless you are on the end of the unkind words. So maybe here is an idea, don't be a cunt. Like, ever. Yeah she may be carrying a bit of extra weight or have tiny squinty eyes (I tick yes to both these things) but she is a person and she does have feelings (please substitute she for he, because I am sure that bitches get in on this action as well). It comes down to that age old lessons that our mummas taught us, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. 

A Relationship could sneak up on them - no one I spoke to said that they went on to Tinder specifically to look for a relationship but at the end of the day, it doesn't matter what the original reason you joined was, when Cupid is ready to aim his arrow at you, you will be powerless to stop it. These people give me hope that its not the cesspool that I imagine it to be, but I still don't know that it is enough to make me want to dip my toes into the water.  



I think Penny Lane said it best, "I always tell the girls, never take it seriously, if you never take it seriously, you never get hurt, you never get hurt, you always have fun, and if you ever get lonely, just go to the record store and visit your friends." I guess I have realised that is what Tinder is all about, never taking it seriously and always having fun. Just a thought anyway...

Love and Left Swipes

Miss K

No comments:

Post a Comment