Sunday 19 April 2015

I love you .... ummm...

There is bound to be that awkward moment in every relationship when those three little devil words that in site fear in the masses are going to come out. You know the words I am talking about and I am sure you have been on the end of the "holy fuck what do I say next" band wagon. With everything in life there is a right and a wrong reaction. Here is how you could possibly respond to "I love you..."

You could say - Nothing - you can just pretend that they didn't say it. Maybe you are very tired and you can pretend that you are asleep or maybe you can just talk really quickly to cover up any further words that they might want to say.



You could say -  Thanks - at least their mothers taught them manners. That's something right?

You could say -  I know - I know??? like what even is that? Is that a good thing or a bad thing or.... who knows.

You could say -  No you don't! - because I know your thoughts better than you do and clearly how could you love someone like me? You crazy kid

You could say - Shut Up -  Simple. Shhh, shush your mouth child. I don't want to hear what you have to say. Shut up could be good, shut up could be shock, shut up could be bad, Probably I am going to go with bad, 



You could say - That's Weird - I don't even know what to say about this one. Is weird good? Is Weird Bad? or is weird just weird?

You could say -  I love you too - This is obviously the one you want to hear, the pinnacle of all I love you experiences. The person you love, loves you. How much better can it get than that?   



So for you, I wish that all your I love yous are returned. Its not a terrible word, yeah its scary to be the first one to say it, but remember my young grass hoppers, with great risk comes great reward.

Love and ummms 

Miss K 

P.S I would like to give a shout out to everyone who gave me input in their I love you experiences so I could put together this post. Only two of the above were mine as the L bomb has only been dropped three times of note in my life. Twice with me being the Bomber and once with me being target so I don't really have much experience. At least I have never been told to shut up so I still thinking that I am winning.

No comments:

Post a Comment