Monday 8 April 2013

New Life Rule...

I wonder when we became the whinging society, when did keeping up with the Jones become the highest priority and why do we always want to be better fitter, further and faster than what we already are. It got me to thinking that really I am the only one that can change where I am and what I am doing. And from this is born life's new rule NO MORE COMPLAINING ABOUT THINGS THAT ARE IN MY POWER TO CHANGE!!! So lets break it down real simple

PERSON
I am not sure if its just me and the age that I am getting to but every second one of my friends is so far into fitness these days and this is fantastic for them. I know that I am not possibly in the best shape but that all comes down to me. If you want to eat what you like and not exercise please be aware of the consequences of your actions. No one wants to hear you saying you are sick of being fat as you shove another chocolate bar down your throat without chewing. To get to be the best you, its about exercise and healthy eating. There is no miracle cure (but if you happen to know one please send it my way)



PROCREATING
I know it may be hard to comprehend but Mr Right is generally not just going to fall in your lap. I have decided that I shall like to procreate (yeah that one shocked me as much as it did you, don't you worry about that) so in order for this to happen I need to find a mate. Sitting at home isn't going to do that for me so I am out there hitting the pavement so to speak. It is getting harder to meet people so explore all options. Internet Dating, Speed Dating, Blind Dating, Stalking people with lovely beards on the tram... what ever it takes get onto it. No sitting on your couch complaining that you want a date. GO OUT AND FIND ONE!!!! (Disclaimer: maybe try and find one that isn't already dating someone else, we don't want things to get awkward, also if you have any tall single friends that look like Ricki Hall please send them my way. I make a mean sandwich)



PROFESSION
So you don't like your job? Well go and get a new one!! Really it is as easy as that. I went into a job agency last year and the consultant said to me "Don't you think you are a little bit too old to be changing your career?" and I am still laughing about this until this day. All it took was for me to believe in myself and change into something that was more me. If you don't have the skills, get them, if you don't like the company, change it. Why do something you don't totally love? If someone is doing better than you at work, maybe ask yourself why? Is it because they are trying harder than you, putting in more than you or just because its unfair!!




PEOPLE
You are the only one that is in control of the people that you let into your life. Are the people in your life making you a better person or are they sucking your soul? Its not always easy but at the end of the day the only way to make your life happier is to get rid of the negative. Why surround yourself with people that don't believe in you the way that you deserve to be believed in? So no complaining about the people you have the ability to remove (and trust me, if you put you mind to it you have the ability to remove anyone)



POSSESSIONS 
Jealous of your mates that are going on holidays or have the latest in gadgets and shiny bits? Either they are in debt, earn heaps of coin or make sacrifices. If you want these things you need to start saving, I personally have a Japan tin next to my door. When I get home I empty my purse of all my coins and $5 notes and throw it in the tin. Its such a small amount that generally I don't miss it and it makes Japan that one step closer for me. Or maybe you could forgo that morning coffee or the coke with your lunch, $4 a day most certainly would add up



Its really only you that can make you into the you that you want to be. If you don't like where you are, go somewhere else. You never know whats waiting for you when you actually try. I got told something recently and it went along the lines of "Jealousy is generally born from guilt". People will get jealous of you because they know inside themselves they aren't giving it their everything. Do you want to be jealous? 

Nah I didn't think so 

Love and YOLO

Miss K

P.S I have a strong despise for the word YOLO but it is some how unwillingly became the catch phrase for our house. You only live once so this may mean spending the last of your pay on a One Direction Cushion

No comments:

Post a Comment