Thursday 20 December 2012

Things to look forward to....

So Merry Festivus has rolled around again and as I now reside on the other side of the Country I was thinking that I would be spending my first Christmas Sans Family, but as my dad is the generous type he decided to shout me a ticket to come home for a few days. I was chatting with my house mate who is from Queensland and is heading home as well and she said that she is most looking forward to "Spooning with my cat". She is a bit of a crazy cat lady but we love her none the less and this comment got me to thinking about what I am most looking forward to coming home to, so I guess here is a short list



My hair dresser - I have been seeing the same hair dresser my whole life, the idea of getting my hair did by anyone else was some what traumatising for me, I am well overdue to get my hair done but had been putting it off due to anxiety (even after calling her to get the colours that she uses and her saying that the new hair dresser could call her if she wanted to). Anxiety gone and pretty hair to boot

Eating a Burger from Alfreds  - this one pretty much goes without saying, if you haven't been to Alfreds then your life is deficient. Probably in more ways that you can imagine. They have this thing called the Alfreds special, its about as big as my head and twice as delicious. I am yet to find anything that even compares

And probably while we are on it I should also mention that I am excited for Uncle Billies Chinese and probably Dragon Palace Dim Sum, they do dumplings here but its just really not the same 

Drinking Cocktails at 1907  - its tried and tested. Straight up you order a Passionfruit and Vanilla Martini and a Norma Jean, after that the world is pretty much at your feet. Who wouldn't want to be a part of that 



Having the weather, be the weather -  I love the 'Burn, I really really do but I don't really enjoy the Bipolar weather. I am looking forward to looking at the weather App and knowing that what they say is what we will get. Even if it is extreme heat. Bring it

Seeing how much the kids have grown  - being away I miss my cousins and my friends babies growing up. Its been 6 months since I have seen most of them, I can only imagine how much that have grown and all the new things that they have learnt (please do not read this as me being clucky because that shits got knobs on it)

Sleeping in my Old House - Its really about the little things, its being somewhere safe and familiar and knowing that people you love and who love you are right there. Pretty sure that my Hippy Ex Housemate will be pretty happy to see me as well. 

and last but most certainly not least (this is probably number one) 



Having Proper Hugs - I knew how busy I would be when I got into Perth so I spent a bit of time organising to catch up with the people that mean the most to me. These are people that help me get through my days and the give the most amazing healing hugs in the world. Real hugs which are tight and you put everything into. This is what I am most looking forward to 

I am about to board that flying car with wings, so Perth Seeya on the Flip Side 

Love and Turbulence 

Miss K 

2 comments:

  1. Loved having you back. Ryan won't let me keep your knickers hanging from the chandelier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thankfully that Ryan has some sense.

      Delete